08 May, 2010

Calgary without Zeetie

I was visiting a friend in Calgary and these are just a couple of her gang. This is Muffin, a rough collie, husky cross. She is a real sweetheart and I love her to bits.


This is crazy Gizmo who is a feline version of Zeetie. Zeetz is so like him.


Zeetie acted up a bit while I was away but really, she was no different than when I am here, I don't think. She ate Don's watch so that doesn't work anymore. She chewed almost through her nylon leash and did a lot of barking a night.

I have to vent on my airport experience leaving Calgary. I was picking up my things after it went through the x-ray machine at security. I was tapped on the shoulder as a very French woman told me I had been chosen to be body searched. I was wearing snug enough clothing that nothing could have been hidden. As she manipulated every part of my body in full view, steam built up and start pumping out my ears. I was livid and when she finished, she thanked me and passed me my boarding pass. I grabbed it while my eyes told her where to go. I took my things and got the heck out of there. I would be worried about my security at airports if they are body searching middle-aged caucasian women. I may be politically incorrect here but so be it. When was the last time a middle-aged white woman blew up an airplane.

So, just when I thought I was having a bad day, Dusty having his teeth floated reminds me some things can be worse. This is an invention by Les' vet. It is much faster than the old hand rasps.


Sunday, 5. May

Zeetie did her first real dominance posturing (for lack of what else to call it) with a 9-year old female Husky. She seemed to take a dislike to her and mounted her and held on to her with her paws/legs. Wierd. I pulled her off. I'm sure she'll be fine with her next time. Apparently, other dogs are not keen on her, either. She seems sweet enough but then, I'm not of the canine persuasion.

No comments: