06 October, 2010

Zeetie and Toby Updates

My little wheetie is quite a houdini. A relatively empty small glass jar with lid tightly closed that was sitting on the counter was found on the floor with lid off and remaining smears of peanut butter had been licked clean. I have pot lids on the counter, now. Glass containers may not survive the fall next time. I know this isn't the first dog who has done it but it's the first time I've had a dog do it.

She had a bath yesterday and oh my, she was quite filthy, which is why she had a bath, of course. She is so white after those baths. She is back on dog park walks with Erin as of today. She only had some dried mud on her legs when I arrived home. Whew.

She has settled in very well, now. I was in bed and Don arrived home. She heard the keys and wagged her tail. She got up, had a drink and then got back into bed. Before, she would have been barking all the way down the stairs until she saw it was Don.

Now that she has trained me to get up at 5:15 a.m., she stays in bed. She doesn't come down until I take her leash off the back of the door downstairs.

She is getting better about other dogs on leashes as long as I have the treats ready. She keeps on looking but chomps quite hard on the treats and is quiet as she watches them go by.

With the cooler weather, she has seemingly endless energy. After an hour walk, run and play with other dogs at the park, she comes home and wants us to play with her. We oblige, naturally.

I carted her the other day. She is doing better. I can't wait for the day I don't have to do so much coaxing. If she sees Don coming down the sidewalk towards us, she picks up her walk very nicely. Squirrels do the trick, too.

She loves her hikes up the ski hill. A tired dog is a good dog.



Toby is at ours recuperating from his toe surgery. He is doing great. Two weeks from now he should be as good as new. Zeetie is not in his face so much but she still watches her food area. It was a quiet night once Toby settled in.

No comments: